Last Updated: 13 October 2023
Your personal data will be used to process your order, support your experience throughout this website, and for other purposes described below.
143 Bishopthorpe Road
Westbury on Trym
Company Number: 6584908 (Registered in England & Wales)
VAT Registration Number: GB 932 7777 88
Tel: +44 (0)117 944 2640
The data controller is Original Marquetry Ltd.
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect and store the following personal data from you when you visit our website, contact us, register an account on our website, place an order online via; our website, email or proforma invoice or place an order by phone. Most of this data may be collected during the checkout process of our online store, through use of our contact form or when communicating with us by phone or email.
Below is an overview of the personal data we collect and where we collect it.
|Types of Data||What it Includes||Where it’s collected|
|Personal Data||Name, email address, telephone number, billing address, shipping address and payment details.|
Optional company information may include your business name and VAT/EORI numbers.
Where registration is used, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server.
|Orders placed through us, online or by phone.|
Correspondence from you, by email, phone, fax or letter.
Accounts registered through our website.
Our website’s product stock notifier.
|Transactional Data||Purchase information.||Orders placed through us, online or by phone.|
|Technical Data||Information about cookies.||Through visits and use of our website.|
|Account Information||Your username and password. As well as any personal data linked to your account.||When making a purchase online, our website will ask for your username and password. This is optional and depends on whether you have a registered an online account with us.|
|Other||Messages and correspondence, including attachments or enclosures.||We will store messages or correspondence that you may provide. Including attachments or enclosures such as images or files in hardcopy or softcopy formats. As well as any associated personal data, such as your name.|
We may keep a record this correspondence. It can be in any format such as email, phone, fax, or letter.
|Other||Comments and reviews.||If you choose to leave comments or reviews, we will store these. These may be left on our website, Google My Business Profile or made (verbally) by phone or email.|
Personal data may also be collected from our website’s technical processes such as general website use, contact forms, comments, media, cookies, embedded content from other third-party websites and analytics. Further detail is noted below, in the following sections.
We will track the following, throughout your visit or use of our website:
- Products you have viewed. We use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type. We use this for purposes like estimating taxes and delivery rates.
- Shipping address. We ask you for this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order and to send you the order.
The terms ‘contact form’ and ‘enquiry form’ are used interchangeably.
Our website contains various contact forms, available on the following pages:
- Contact Us
- Brass Strips
- Chessboards & Backgammon Boards
Our main contact form is located on our Contact Us page. It captures the following information, those noted in bold are optional and not required.
A product specific contact form is located on our Brass Strips page. It captures the following information, those noted in bold are optional and not required.
- Product Specific Requirements (shape profile, shape size, length, quantity, and finish)
- Shipping Address
A product specific contact form is located on our Chessboards & Backgammon Boards page. It captures the following information, those noted in bold are optional and not required.
- Product Specific Requirements (game area size, board size, crossbanding size, square size, points (triangles) size, central bar size, thickness, wood species or colours, and quantity)
A product specific contact form is located on our Fretwork page. It captures the following information, those noted in bold are optional and not required.
- Product Specific Requirements (length & width, rebate, thickness, wood species, and quantity)
We retain this information for customer service purposes, often to respond to a customer’s question, provide a price, quotation, invoice, proforma invoice, further product information, stock updates/notifications or order status updates such as tracking details. It is not used for marketing purposes unless you have requested to be informed of a when stock becomes available again.
The Data Retention section of this policy states how long we retain the information submitted through our form.
Stock Notifier Sign-Up
When a product is out of stock, our stock notifier sign-up box is revealed below the product description. It captures the following information.
- Email address
- If you have registered an online account through our website.
- The product you wish to be notified about.
- The date and time you subscribed/signed up to our Stock Notifier.
We retain this information to solely advise a customer when a specific product is back in stock.
The Data Retention section of this policy states how long we retain this information.
When visitors leave comments on our website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to our website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to our website can download and extract any location data from images on our website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser, they allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting our website and may be used to track your return visits to our website.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings, but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies are used to keep track of basket contents while you’re browsing our website. They may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. If you leave a comment on our website, you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on our website may include embedded content such as videos, images, articles, etc. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Reasons for Personal Data Collection
Your personal information is used to:
- Contact or identify you. Please note, you can visit our website anonymously without registering.
- Process your orders and transactions.
- If you create an account, we will store your personal data such as your name, addresses, email address and telephone number. These will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. You can also track the progress and status of an order.
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages if you choose to receive them.
- Enhance your experience when using our website and/or to enable shopping features.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may disclose some or all your personal data with our team or third parties.
Our team members have access to the following information provided by you. This is required to help fulfil orders, process refunds, and support you.
- Customer information such as your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Order information such as the items purchased, date of purchase and shipping address.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
We also share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you, to complete your order and/or for you to receive your purchased goods. For example, this includes sharing information with couriers and payment gateways.
Our website is secured with an SSL Certificate, which enables an encrypted connection between a web server and a web browser. It works by securing an internet connection and protecting any sensitive data from being read or modified whilst being transferred between two systems. We also accept payments through PayPal, known to be one of the most secure online payment systems.
Our SSL Certificate is represented by “HTTPS” noted before our URL (web address) in the address bar, and/or a Padlock or Green Bar next to our URL.
PCI DSS Compliance
Our website footer displays our VikingCloud (formerly SecureTrust) Trusted Commerce seal. Scroll to the end of the webpage to view the seal and click it to view our compliance certificate for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), secured through our membership with Trustwave. The seal is powered by VikingCloud, a Trustwave division which is a global leader in cybersecurity and compliance solutions.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments and reviews may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We store data about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store:
- Order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
- Contact form entries for up to 3 years. Some contact form entries may be retained for longer especially if concerning an ongoing bespoke project which is yet to be completed, and if relevant to our Bespoke Project Portfolio.
- Stock notifier sign-ups for up to 2 years.
- Analytics records for 1 year.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website Administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on our website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. A fee may incur to cover the costs of providing this information.
Updates & Changes